Tuesday, June 06, 2006

St. Lawrence Skiffs: A Day on the River

I'm sorry that this is a day late, but the weather has been beautiful here and so we have been outside as much as possible and then by the time we come in and do all of our nightly rituals, I'm beat. Anyhow, on Monday I was able to accompany my fourth graders to the Antique Boat Museum in Clayton where they were involved in a boat launching. Our school was awarded a grant by the state to let our fourth graders build St. Lawrence skiffs, model size. They worked on their skiffs for about 2 weeks and then had a special ceremony to launch them. It was very neat and the kids really enjoyed themselves. I myself got a wicked sunburn and paid for my day of fun last night. Will I ever learn to wear sunblock all the time, NOPE! Anyhow, here are some pictures of the kids launching their skiffs.

My girlfriend Erin's 4th grade class also one of my reading classes.

Today Seth was lent a new toy, it is very fitting because he LOVES to be on his feet and up seeing everything. It is called a "Jump-a-Roo"! As you can see he is in heaven, he tired himself out in about 10 minutes and then fell asleep on our walk in the stroller.

I hope that everyone is enjoying there week, I have to go back to the real world and teach tomorrow, my two days of fun in the sun have come to an end, until next week! News to come...

1 comment:

AMANDA said...

Awesome pictures. Sometimes I forget how beautiful the "north counrty" is. We have to get back up there sometime.