Thursday, June 22, 2006

I'm ALIVE I Promise

OK, what a flippin' crazy week it has been. Last Thursday I was told that I would have to move classrooms. I literally had the largest classroom you had ever seen and now I basically moved into a classroom a third of the size. So I needed to down size all of my stuff. I threw out tons of junk, but I still have too much. Oh, well I'll make due. So this week I have been working on moving all my stuff, sorting, organzing, you name it. Plus it has been like 100 degrees with all the humidity and no deodorant seems to be working, but that is a whole other issue in itself that we will get to later!

So let's back up a bit. We had a great weekend, a great time at my gramps 80th b-day party, and a great first Father's Day. Ro was able to golf and kick back a little.
The t-shirt that I designed for my Gramp,the backside had each grandchild's face in front of a gold coin. It was so fun to create!
Wednesday we had our annual awards day at school and this year the theme was Pirates, so below are some pics of students and teachers who really got into the spirit!
Ember doesn't look so thrilled that I'm taking her pic.
A co-worker Rob with his student Maria.
Our principal who isn't much for costumes, but was a good sport.

Today I threw one of my close friends and co-worker a surprise baby shower at work, I was stressing major because I had never thrown a surprise anything before, but it all went off without a hitch and she was indeed surprised and sooooo greatful! I love to make people happy and see smiling faces so it was a joy. I left my camera at work so I'll have to post some pics tomorrow from the shower.

Today was the last day with the kids and it was bitter sweet. You are always sad to see the great kids go, but not so sad with the little devils. Our entire staff always does the wave in a long line for all the buses on the last day of school every year and every year I get so teary eyed. You work so hard with all those kids all year that it is sad to see them leave. But, I have to remember, they will be back in 2 months. Tomorrow is our end of the year luncheon and then a pool party at a friend of mines house. It will be Seth's first pool party so I will definately have to take some pics. I even got him some of those "little swimmers". I can't wait to see his face when his toes touch that water for the first time.

Saturday my sister graduates from high school and Saturday night a friend of ours turns 30 so we have a surprise party to attend. Nothing like a crazy busy weekend, the only relief is that I don't work for something like 10 weeks.

So the countdown is now 9 days until the Gilbert's arrive! YIPPEEE!

Shell shocked Seth look

I will try now that I will be off from work to be a better blogger, this week was just so insane at work that I had no time and I really missed it. It is like therapy for my mind! So, to everyone who reads this I'm Back!

3 comments:

AMANDA said...

Thank goodness you are back. I really missed you. Sounds like you've been a busy woman and will continue to be through the weekend. I hope Seth enjoys his first time in the pool and I look forward to the pics.

AMANDA said...

Oh yeah, could have done w/out the picture of Seth in a Yankess hat. I'm going to have to send him an Indians hat.

nina beana said...

hysterical seth pic today- and where's the red sox love? :) the pirate pics are pretty damn funny too. can't wait to hang hang hang out soooo soon.