Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Back to Reality!


Hey Everyone!

I'm back to reality today, back to teaching and report cards and the real world. For the past two days I have been able to spend all day outside doing fun activites with the kids. The fun had to come to an end so now I am working on report cards and trying to find fun activities with actual goals and lessons in them to keep the kids interested for the next week and a half. We'll get through and then it will be on to summer vacation. Days of playing and having fun with my little man. I have to say that I think I will never learn that the sun causes burns. Monday I got burned on my shoulders. So I thought I was all smart and I wore sleeves and SPF 15 yesterday. So what happens... my scalp gets fried. You just have to laugh because I should know better by now. I just didn't want hat head for the rest of the day!

We are still working on staining our fence in the back yard. Ro finally bought a spray stainer so it is coming along much faster now. We would like the yard and house to look nice for Seth's baptism party in July! That should be fun!

Our counties annual Relay for Life is this Friday so we are hoping that the weather cooperates and we can bring Seth to support a great cause. He will love watching all the people. He is so much like his Grandma Bonnie, loves to people watch, but don't we all!

Here is a pic that I think is hysterical. This is one of my 4th graders. We had to ride to Cape Vincent for our Olympics yesterday and Chase was amusing himself on the bus. If it doesn't make you laugh then something is wrong with you!! HA!

Chase Boyer: Grade 4 @ Guardino Elementary School in Clayton, NY

1 comment:

AMANDA said...

Only a week and a half until summer vacation...oh yeah! Seth is going to be one happy little dude to have his momma back all day.
The sun burn thing, I totally understand. I'm also recupperating from a nasty burn on my shoulders that happened a week ago. Do you think I've worn sunblock since? Nope. And I lube the kids up with the stuff 10 times a day. Why I don't put it on myself, I'll never know.