Monday, February 09, 2009

A Weekend to Remember

I can not thank my hubs enough for making this past weekend the BEST birthday weekend EVER! The funny thing is that we didn't take a single picture, not one. I can still brag and tell you all about it though. I didn't just get a birthDAY, but a whole weekend starting on Friday at noon! I got a phone call at noon on Friday at work from Ro asking if I'd like to go out to lunch. Let's see...eat lunch in the faculty room listening to other teachers complain OR go out to lunch with my hubs?? I'd take lunch out any day any time. Later on Friday Seth and I met up with Ro and he had stopped at Popcorn and More and gotten me a box of cheese corn and a box of caramel corn. I haven't had Popcorn and More in ages so it was such a treat.

Saturday morning Roland booked me a massage so I happily went for that appointment and it was amazing. I told him ironically that my favorite part was when she massaged my hands and feet. Not sure why, but that was great! In the afternoon we all took naps and rested. Then, Roland and I had a date night courtesy of my Mom and Tom. They came over at 4:30 and we headed out. We went to dinner at Art's Jug followed by a movie. FYI- I wouldn't suggest going to a movie when you are 9 months pregnant though. I was so uncomfortable the people behind me probably thought that I had ants in my pants. I moved around every 5 minutes. The movie was great (He's Just Not That Into You) and we had a great date night!

Sunday I was able to sleep in a little, sleeping in for me these days is until about 8:15, I'm just used to getting up. Then, Roland surprised me and said that we were taking a little road trip. So I got dressed and we headed out. We headed to Cicero to my all time favorite breakfast spot... Tim Horton's. A brand new store just opened up and it was packed. I'm such a Tim Horton's junkie that when we went to Toronto this summer we HAD to go while we were in Canada. Now that the chain is branching out into the states I'm thrilled. We had a super yummy breakfast and then we stopped at a nearby Target to tackle yet another one of my lists. After that we headed home for more nap time.

Later in the afternoon Roland fixed a big meal and had my Mom and Tom for dinner to celebrate my birthday. He slaved in the kitchen and I have to say I could get used to it in a hurry! It was such a GREAT weekend, BUT it went by far too fast and now it's over. BUMMER!

Thank you to everyone who called, sent texts, cards and gifties for my special day. I recieved some money so that when I go to the outlets in May I can finally get new clothes after what feels like an eternity of maternity clothes.

It was a day to remember and I appreciate all of the special people in my life. I'm one lucky girl!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You'll have to keep all this in mind and make sure and pay Ro back on his birthday!