Thursday, February 12, 2009

Birthday Continued

Last night was the finale of my birthday, but OH was it a gem! It is a tradition in my family to go to my Dad's for a birthday dinner every year. I get to pick out the menu and I eat myself silly. Last night was no exception. We had homemade cole slaw, hand chopped by my Dad. He should seriously go into business because he could make a bundle off that cole slaw. It is the best! We also had perch caught by my Dad and it was so good I think I had about 20. I couldn't stop eating it. The finale was the homemade from scratch chocolate cake. It is a known request yearly and it gets better every single year. I have the recipe and I could make it at home any time, but it wouldn't be as good it I made it. Food always tastes better when someone else makes it for you! I was given some birthday money for my new thin wardrobe and my sister made me a pair of earrings, plus I was sent home with a care package of leftover food. YUM, can't wait for lunch today.

Thank you Dad, Sue and Dayna for a great evening, we all had a great time!

I slept a little better last night, but I'm still feeling off today. Plus I forgot my phone at home today so I feel so out of the loop and lost without it.

I'm also counting down the minutes until vacation. I really need a little R&R and some Seth time before this baby comes! Pray that today and tomorrow go by quickly so we can be on vacation!

No comments: