Friday, February 13, 2009

Spring Where Are You?

Here is my interesting little morning story...

My truck was parked in the garage last night because of the predicted snow so this morning before Roland leaves for SYR he backs out my truck so that it is easier for Seth and I to just get in and go when our time arrived. He even loaded all the bags in it for me. What a guy! So anyhow, Seth and I come outside and I put the cupcakes we made for Pat's on the front seat and I proceed to open Seth's door and get him all situated. IT'S FROZEN SHUT! So I walk around the to other side of the truck and once again the other back door is also FROZEN SHUT! So I'm pulling and I'm kicking and trying everything to get these doors open, but they won't budge! Now picture this... I pick Seth up and have him crawl through my drivers seat, back to his seat and then I proceed to climb over my seat to get to him to buckle him in. At this point I'm totally winded and trying to catch my breath. Lastly, I have to brush and try to dry off my seat so that I can finally sit down and drive to Pat's. Plus, this needed to be repeated when we got to Pat's to get him out. Looking back a couple of hours I can now laugh, but seriously why does stuff like this happen to me?? If I didn't have this huge belly it wouldn't be half as bad, but it makes getting in and out of just my drivers seat a challenge at times. Oh, the memories!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely weather huh! That happens to the van doors every time it gets above 32 and then freezes again...which is multiple times a week. It makes me crazy. I usually send Soph over the front seats to push on the doors from the inside. Usually after a good 5 or 10 minutes we get them open...except for the time we all had to crawl in through the back.

Sarah Richards said...

My car did that too! I just sent Morgin over my seat and had her get in her seat and I turned around and buckled her...luckily I didn't have Brady with me!