Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Thoughts...

As all of you know one of my favorite guilty pleasures is watching Jersey Shore. It is totally crazy and mindless, but hysterical in the same sense. Since I feel like we are currently living in the twilight zone this past week, to make myself smile I just keep telling myself that we have "a situation" and we are going to get through it even stronger than before. Live for Today as my blog is titled and enjoy the ride. If the ride gets bumpy then get through it. I can't tell you how many phone calls, cards and emails we have gotten this week. We are the luckiest people in the world with the best support system out there.

I needed to blog a little about it, without going into details because it is a huge weight in my mind and I needed to express it even if just a little.

I question myself yearly as to if I should try and get a job closer to home, but then in difficult times I remember exactly why I work here. After 11 years I have made lasting relationships with some of the most wonderful people ever. Retirements are so hard because you make bonds with people that are so much older than you and then they aren't with you on a daily basis, BUT they will never forget you. I recently had two wonderful phone conversations with past co-workers that lifted me right up. I am very grateful for those friendships.

I am grateful for many people right now. We have the best family ever who have rallied and the best friends ever. It makes you truly look at your relationships and realize that having tons and tons of friends may be a good thing in a sense, but to have a handful of truly quality friends is the best. I always remember the phrase "quality over quantity."

I think I can speak for us all when I say that there are a range of feelings and emotions going on with us. My principal said it best when she said that we are going on a journey, I just hope it is a short journey.

At the end of the day yesterday I was working with a group of 5th graders and I asked them to put their names on a sheet we were working on and I looked over and saw this... It's the little things that really mean the most in life and this brought a huge smile to my face when I really needed it.

8 comments:

Jen said...

Just know that no matter how hard or long this journey turns out to be, we will be there for you every step of the way. Please don't hesitate to lean on us for support in any way, shape or form. We love you guys like family.

I've been praying to the big guy upstairs all week for you, so I have high hopes that everything will be ok.

Love you lots :)

Mom xoxoxo said...

You know as your mom that I have been praying non-stop and have people all over praying. We love you all so much and you know we will be there for you always and forever because remember ,WE LOVE YOU EVERYDAY and we always will. This is just a bump in the road and w you all will be walking on a smooth road very soon, xoxooxxooxoxoooxxoxo Mom

Nikki said...

Jen,
Just read your blog, haven't been on in a while. but I hope all is well, and wish you luck in whatever journey your family is on!

Nikki said...

I hope all is well with you and your family, just wanted to say that I will pray for you all, and wish you a "safe and open road" very soon!

Laurie said...

Ditto from me on the prayers. You are blessed to have such a wonderful family and such awesome friends. It's times like these that make us truly appreciate the amazing people in our lives. I may not be close in body but I'm close in spirit and if there is ever anything I can do, just say the word.

Julie said...

Had a moment to blog stalk ya...Hope everything is ok...thinking of ya!

Anonymous said...

Have been thinking about you guys all week. Will be all day Friday too!! Praying all goes well and as others have said hoping for a short journey. No matter what the journey know you have great friends to hold you up and help you along.
Love ya-E

The North Country Sweets said...

Jen, I'm so sorry to hear that something is putting such strain on you and your family. Please know that while georgraphically "far" if you need anything I can help...
dinner, picking up kids, you name it...
Lisa