Monday, October 18, 2010

I have to say that as a parent I threw $40 away when I signed Leah up for Mommy and Me swim. When Seth was little they at least sang songs and did fun activities in the pool, but now it is just horrible. There is no singing and literally we did the exact same thing every single week. I even spoke to the Aquatic Director after the second class and voiced my concerns. They went in one ear and out the other because not a thing changed. At least Leah is too young to understand that the class was horrible and enjoyed her time with Ro and I in the water.

I can swim free in my Mom's pool next summer so we won't be going back to the Y anytime soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's too bad! I have been doing the 10 class with Kathy and she sings as we walk around the pool....boring but at least it is something. I do find those classes quite overpriced, especially for the lack of creativity. Meredith

Jen said...

That's good to know, now I won't have to feel guilty for not taking Noey this winter. They used to have an excellent Mommy and Me program at Indian River school that I took both my other girls to. They taught actual lessons each week, it was great!