Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Best Tradition of the Summer

Last night was the evening that I look forward to most in the entire summer...The Lewis County Fair Parade! It has been a tradition for as long as I can remember to gather at my grandparents house for dinner and play time and then all walk down to watch the biggest parade of the season. When my grandfather owned his own business years back we would sit in front of his office, but since he has sold it my grandparents now park their car downtown and then we have a designated spot to sit without having to hang out downtown for hours before the parade. As the years pass I truly treasure this evening because we never know how long it will continue. In the past 2 years we have included The Castana's in our tradition and last night will be their last parade with our family :(. We also included Lisa and AJ with us last night. The kids got record amounts of candy and we enjoyed it so very much.
Pizza, fruit, family and friends!
The best army wives ever!
Just a small view into this massive parade route.
The kids armed with their candy bags.
Leah and Daddy
Seth will talk to anyone!
One float was handing out freeze pops and they left Seth out so my cousin Chris ran down the street and made sure he got one. Thanks Chris!
Since freeze pops are our families craze right now both Seth and Leah were in heaven.
One happy boy!
The whole night was the best and I loved every minute of it. We are heading back to Lowville tonight to enjoy some fair festivities and good fair food. Can't wait!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

They sure do give out tons of candy huh!? I was amazed! What a great night for a parade. It was perfect!