Sunday, December 31, 2006

Thinking Back

So I was sitting here thinking about this year gone by and eventhough it had its ups and downs, sometimes it moved slowly, and other times quickly it has been quite a year.

A year ago today...
* Roland and I went out to dinner with my whole family because we had just found out that my grandfather who had been ill had been diagnosed with Chronic Pnuemonia. I was 8 months pregnant and very uncomfortable, but all I wanted to do was to be close to my grandfather. It was quite a scare for the family, but we have made it through and now he is better then ever happily drinking his Genny Cream Ales!!!

This past year...
* Seth was born and what a rollercoaster of emotions/smiles/cries/MAGIC it has been. I can't ever remember my life without him. I can't believe that in less then a month he will be 1 year old. It blows me away. He is a little man who walks and eats and smiles and laughs and learns new things everyday!

* My grandfather turned 80 years young and the WHOLE family gathered to honor him. I will never forget the plates and plates of frogs legs that he was eating when we arrived at his party. The man loves his frogs legs so truly enjoyed them that night!

* My father received the best news in the world, that he did NOT have Prostate Cancer. Someone up there is looking out for our family! We are so relieved and happy for him!

* My bestfriend Erin had a healthy little boy named Storm. After trying and trying and trying for 2 years she and Jason were finally blessed and I have never seen someone so in love with her son. Plus, Seth has a new bestfriend for life! Only 9 months apart!

* My brother made a tough life choice to leave his college and transfer to a new school. We are rooting for him and we hope that this school makes him very happy. We love you Uncle J!

* All of our parents have been the BEST grandparents/parents anyone could ever ask for. Their constant support and love had made this year so very memorable and we look forward to many years of new traditions and family fun!

* My husband my ROCK for being the most amazing Dad in the whole world. I have never seen someone so calm/cool/collected and loving and I am so blessed to have found him.
So I'd like to wish everyone out there a very Happy New Year's!

2 comments:

AMANDA said...

That's awesome. Happy new year! All the best in 2007!
xo

nina beana said...

great post girlfriend...you know i love this kind of stuff! what an amazing year it has been. hope you have a perfect day today, and all the year through.

xoxo