Monday, December 18, 2006

Friends, Partying, and Cookies!

We had just the best holiday weekend that you could ask for. We feel so blessed to be surrounded by such wonderful family and friends!
Friday evening Rich, Lori, Sydney, and Addy came over for pizza. We hadn't seen Addy since she was a day old and my how she has grown. What a great baby she is and too cute!

The Starr family is always so thoughtful and they brought Seth a stuffed Rocky. It is the best, I think that at this point I like it more then Seth does!

Saturday, Roland went 4 wheeling. you would have thought that I had given him a big wad of money, he was so excited. He went with 5 other guys from Pepsi and then rode for over 2 hours, came back muddy, and exhausted. They already have another date for next Saturday and Ro is counting down the hours until he can go again!

Saturday night was the Pepsi Christmas party. We had the BEST time! It was such a fun party with great people, great food, great music, great gambling, and great pirzes to be won! As you can see, the theme of the night was GREAT! We ended up winning a Pepsi Santa figurine (I'm collecting them) and a crock pot in the shape of a football. Yes, it looks like a football, I'm really not kidding. So, Super Bowl party will be at our house this year! We had a little too much fun so Mom and Dad were paying for it a bit on Sunday morning. I already requested that my mom watch Seth overnight next year in case we feel the same way come Sunday morning!

Sunday once the hangover subsided a bit my mom came over and we made our annual Christmas cookies. We made 4 different treats. We made Peppermint Bark, White chocolate covered pretzels, sugar cookies, and peanut butter cups.

Today is my school's activity day. I have to make the same craft with 5 different groups of kids throughout the day. I now know why I don't teach high school. It is so boring doing the same thing over and over. BUT, the kids are having a blast so that is all that matters.

2 comments:

AMANDA said...

Your cookies look scrumptious! Sounds like a fun holiday party, worth the hangover I am sure. Have a great week!

nina beana said...

great post jen- i want some of those cookies, too! thanks for all your kind words...trust me, if you were closer, i'd be taking you up on the cooking offer! but mainly just because i like the way you cook :)