Thursday, December 21, 2006

Advice

If I could ask all the Mamas that read this to give me some advice/ideas as I am a first time mom and I could use all the help anyone wants to give!

Please throw out some ideas for types of foods that I can send with Seth to the sitters. Breakfast foods and lunch foods that I can pack for him! He is very tired of the baby food and I think he is ready for a change, but I just can't wrap my head around it. I need to make a big list and have things on hand!

HELP PLEASE!

4 comments:

AMANDA said...

Fresh fruit or fruit cups are always good. Fish crackers, string cheese cut up small, those fruit & veggie puff thingies that melt in your mouth. Hmm, what else...applesauce cups, cherrios,. If i think of anything else, i'll post it :)

Anonymous said...

Any kinds of beans are good (green, black, lima, garbanzo, etc), cooked carrots, pasta (little elbows are good for little hands), cheerios, wheat toast, waffles, pancakes, bananas, peeled and cut up grapes, pears, yogurt, cheese(preferably not american, it can stick to the roof of their mouths), chick nuggets cut very small. If you look in "The Baby Book", there's a section on good first foods, I think it's a whole page chart, that should be helpful too.
Hope this helps!

*the mama said...

sliced cheese(my kiddos love american). those gerber fruit puffs are a huge hit...applesauce, cheerios, yobaby yogurt, carrots steamed and tiny, earth's best has some great cereal bars...

nina beana said...

everyone took all the good ideas!

of course, if he's anything like joey, you could pack some chili or a bit of steak and he'll be just fine :)

hope you had a good holiday!
xo