Monday, December 04, 2006

Over the River and Through the Woods...


...to get our Christmas tree we went! Saturday we packed up the Jeep, our warm clothes, and brought along Grammy and Grandpa Puccia to go to Hemlock Haven for the very first time to cut down our very own Christmas tree. Well, the weather ended up being too cold to take Seth out on the tractor so Ro watched Seth and I went out with my Mom and Tom and picked out our tree. It was hella cold out there so it was a good thing we didn't bring Seth, he would have froze. I felt badly though, it felt strange being out their without my men.


My Mom and I on the wagon heading out to the trees



Our tree as it is being cut




It's down!

This tree farm had quite a system to make sure that you got the tree that you had picked out or so they thought, unfortunately they lost the tree that my Mom and Tom picked out. So basically they froze their butts off to pick out a tree and it got lost. Always their luck! So they ended up just picking one out back at the shop and when they got it home they realized that it basically looks like a Charlie Brown tree. We'll always have a story to tell though about our first experience getting a tree with Seth.

Sunday Ro did the finishing touches to get ready to have our countertops installed TOMORROW! So now all we have to do tonight take the new sink out of the box so that they can cut the correct hole. I can't wait to have running water in the kitchen again, I'm more excited about this then Christmas at this point!

Tomorrow we go for Seth's 10 month developmental testing so that is exciting so see what he does and how he compares to others his age.

Oh, before I forget, he is a pic, it's not a great one, but of Seth's battle scar from his fight with Hanna at the sitters. Thank god she didn't drawn any blood.


3 comments:

nina beana said...

oooh i wish i could see your tree and we could celebrate the holidays together!

kiss that babybooboo for me, ok?

AMANDA said...

I love the idea of picking out your own tree. We have a fake one, but lots of x-mas tree smelling candles so we get the whole effect :)
I am truly upset that whatever you sent has been lost or misplaced. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will arrive this week.

nina beana said...

christmas mailtime is sooo shady! i hope you get whatever your mail treat from jen is, amanda!