Thursday, June 30, 2011

Retirement Send Off

It is known that I do not have a poker face, can't lie and break out in a red blotchy rash when I get nervous. So to plan and implement a surprise party was quite a big deal. When my mom decided to retire I decided that I wanted to do something special for her in celebration. About two months ago I hacked into her email and stole the addresses of her closest friends plus my two closest friends and planned a surprise cocktail party. It was supposed to be outside on the deck in the warm sun, but who am I kidding, we live in Watertown, NY. The weather never cooperates when it is supposed to, so plan b had to be put into place.
I made all sorts of appetizers, desserts and we had wine and whiskey sours. All of the ladies loved the food and the night turned out even better than I had planned, plus my mom was super surprised which made the whole night perfect.



Big thanks to Kristen and Jen for all of their help!

Mom was given some very special gifts which of course made her cry!



Great friends!

2 comments:

Mom xooxox said...

Just WOW over and over again so much fun!!! Love you everyday, Mom xoxoxox THANK YOU !!!!!!!

Justin said...

Congrats, Mom! Way to go, sis, what a great party. Lots of work!