Monday, June 27, 2011

Gramp's Semi Surprise 85th Bash

The day that we had planned for finally came and it was quite a day. It was the first time in a very long time that my entire family had been together. Usually we are missing someone since everyone is so spread out nowadays. My grandfather was not surprised in the least. Just because he has hearing aides does not mean he is completely deaf and as much as my Gram tried to keep things under wraps, he found out. He was so thrilled to have our whole immediate family together as well as extended members too.
We started the party in the summer room and eventually moved into the house.

The beer, wine and whiskey sours were flowing.

Gram is 83 and Gramp is now 85.

My cousin Emily put in a jazz CD at one point and my grandparents danced for us all. They have some serious moves and I hope to move like they do when I am 85.

Any chance to put a dress on Leah and I am on it.

Tears of happiness.

Stay tuned for pictures from our first ever S'more War!

4 comments:

Sandi said...

What a great thing that you were able to get your whole family together. I can't remember the last time our entire family was able to get together. I know that you cherished the time as did your grandparents.

Jen said...

My mom stole my comment.

MOM xoxoxo said...

WE HAD A BLAST!! I want more of these celebrations !! xoxoxoxoxo Mom

KristenC said...

Happy Birthday Grandpa! I am so glad we have gotten to know you!