Friday, June 24, 2011

Retirement Luncheon

It is officially official, my mom is retired and we went to the luncheon to prove it.
My mom and her assistant have worked together for 15 years and have known each other for 20 years. My mom taught Miss Mary's daughter her first year teaching kindergarten at St. Anthony's and they have been friends ever since.

It was a wonderful lunch and many people had great memories to share, so needless to say there were yet more tears shed. My mom was also given a pig charm for her Pandora. Pigs are my mom's favorite animal and for anyone not from the area, she would also greet her students on the first day of school wearing her pig slippers. You knew she was your teacher and she was easy to spot wearing those bright pink slippers. I am very grateful that I was able to attend this special lunch.

1 comment:

Mom xoxo said...

Thanks Jen ,very nice!! May I have some of the pics? Can you put some on my facebook too? Love you everyday, xoxoox xoxooxo Mom