Saturday, June 25, 2011

Mt. Carmel Feast

Last night started the Mt. Carmel Feast at our church St. Anthony's. It is a yearly tradition that we try not to miss and a little rain doesn't stop us from the fried dough, Rollo, taffy and rides. Last night was no exception and we all had so much fun, plus The Widrick's are in town for my Gramp's 85th birthday so we were able to celebrate the start of summer with some very special family.

Leah had her first taste of taffy and by the looks of this she liked it.
Seth LOVES my cousins Emily and Molly. They play rough with him and he eats it up.

I explained Rollo to them like this...it's like playing Bingo without letters and numbers. It took a little bit, but we finally got 7 seats together in the Rollo trailer.

It was another first for Leah too.

Leah's third first of the night was trying the homemade fried dough. I was surprised, but she ate it all and probably part of the napkin too.

Seth was most excited because he won his very own fish and Daddy won Rollo and gave the prize token to Seth so he got to pick out a new car. He was all smiles on the ride home.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I'm kind of bummed that we missed the feast this year! Guess it will make next year just that much better.

Mom xoxo said...

I miss my SISTER!!! xooxxo Mom