Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Summer '10 Reflections

This has been the most amazing summer that I can ever remember. The kids are at such fun ages and you name it, we have done it. Looking back I only took Seth to the sitter once and Leah 3 times because I just didn't want to give them up for even a day. I have enjoyed each and every day with them and I am the luckiest woman ever to be able to have summers off to spend with them. It is time that I cherish. I am finding it very difficult to go back to work this year and haven't stepped foot in my classroom. I have a big task ahead of me tomorrow, but I just wanted to fit in every last bit of fun that I could before the dreaded routine starts again. I wanted to take a look back at our summer and reflect on all of our adventures.
* Mt. Carmel Feast
* Dinners with family and friends
* Trips to Lowville to visit Gram and Gramp
* The LACS playground in Lowville; Seth loves the giant spider web to climb
* Wednesdays at the Farmer's Market with Mom; chocolate covered strawberries, tater twisters, fresh lemonade and strawberry rhubarb pie
* Lunch play dates with Kristen
* Shrimp boil/seafood bonanza
* Many many boating trips; swimming, pizza from The Shack, rides and family time on our floating cottage
* Adventure Camp
* Me and My Shadow Kidnastics
* Family road trip vacation; Albany to Methuen to Boston to Lake George
* The Magic Forest
* Duck Tour
* Penis Shrimp (such an experience)
* Adult obstacle courses
* Walking the strip in LG
* 4 pools in 3 hotels on our trip
* Pizza Jerks
* Can-Am Parade
* Monster truck rally
* Lewis County Fair and parade with family and friends
* Seth's sleepovers with Grandma and Poppy
* White water rafting
* Sesame Place and a visit to Kristen's parents
* Going to the witch doctor for my foot (interesting place)
* Wine Day with the girls
* Pedis with the girls
* Ro's golf tourney's for Pepsi
* A visit to Sheryl's new home
* Seneca Park Zoo
* Our 8th Anniversary
* Alex and Laura's wedding reception
* Enchanted forest
* Breakfast at Tin Pan with Mom and Gram
* Jungle Camp
* Bunco
* Making new friends
* Visiting with Kristen's family on numerous visits to Watertown
* Sweet's BBQ
* Trying zumba
* Biking in Sackets and picnics on the battlefield

WOW, what an amazing and blessed summer we have had!

2 comments:

Mom oxox said...

Amazing!! I am so sad but to many more!! So much fun for me to be included in so many things!!! Enjoyed so much! ON to the beautiful season of Fall!!! Love you everyday, Mom xooxo

KristenC said...

WOW!! You guys did do a lot and we did a lot together--I loved every minute of it! I am sure we will have tons of fun this fall/winter too!