Sunday, August 08, 2010

Summer Traditions

The summer seems to be flying by so quickly that we need to get all of our summer traditions in before it is back to school time. We completed one on Friday and I have to say that it was our best trip to Old McDonald's Farm ever! Leah is at the age where she is like a sponge and is amazed by just about everything. Last year she slept through most of our day at the farm, but this year she was in rare form. Seth loves all of the animals and always has a blast. We like to take Grandma and Poppy along too because they love to spend time with the kids and I think Poppy might even take more pictures than I do. ha ha!
Seth has absolutely no fear of feeding the goats anymore. I remember back to the first time we took him, he was like a deer in the headlights. Hysterical!
This sums up Leah's reaction to the entire outing. She points, runs and yells with excitement!
Another year older for us all!
I swear that the cows head was larger than Leah's whole body!
I think Seth was ready for the pony to kick it up a notch!
We eve got up close and personal with the herd of goats.
I was shocked at how brave Leah was too!
There were many baby animals to see on this trip too which was fun for the kids and for us too!
Leah's first time in the bouncy house and of course she loved it.

Thank you to Grandma and Poppy for going with us again this summer. We loved it and we love going with you two. To many more trips in the future!

3 comments:

Jen said...

I love that we have such a wonderful place like this so close to us! It's almost as fun for adults as it is for kids.

KristenC said...

I bet Leah loved it! I could hear her quacking! I can't wait to make our trip there this summer!

Grandma P.oxox said...

We had a ball and we love going on trips. We are ready anytime. Love you everyday, Grandma P. oxoxo