Tuesday, September 06, 2011

A Major Milestone...Sniff Sniff

The day that I have dreaded for over a year finally arrived and with it came a wave of emotions. I distinctly remember my mother and I having a conversation when Seth was about a month old about how fast he will grow up and that before I know it he will be going off to school. Back then I thought to myself, NO WAY, five years is a long time. Well, I was certainly wrong. Five years flew by so quickly. Thank heavens I am such a picture taker and I can always scan back through to remember all of the fun we have had over the past five years. Seth was pretty calm this morning so we weren't sure if it was a good calm or a panicking calm. We woke him up, forced some breakfast into him, let him chill on the couch and then the pictures and drop off began.
Standard front porch picture that we have now taken for the past three years. I will have to pull out the past two years pictures to compare how much he has grown. He insists that Leah get a picture with him. (awww too sweet!)

I can't get over how tall and skinny he is.
He insisted on holding both of our hands. He knew his parents were pretty nervous for him.

Still all smiles and ready to go.

His name tag.

He just so happened to be sitting next to Maya and across from a boy he went to Pre-School with Wyatt. Lucky him!

Seth with Mrs. Oliver, his teacher!

He came home pretty chill, told us a bit and was mellow most of the night. I hear an early bed time calling tonight!

4 comments:

The North Country Sweets said...

Way to go Seth! You handled it like a pro!!! I bet mom and pops were more nervous! LOL
You did a great job raising him and he will have no problems in school!!! Hey, when you come from a family of teachers, you just love school! Can't wait to hear all about it! Love the first REFLECTIVE photo!

Grandma P. xoxox said...

So proud of my grandson!! Love him to death!! He will make you proud, he already has!! Love you everyday, Grandma P. xoxoxo

KristenC said...

I have to admit it, I really miss seeing him and picking him and Jacob up from school! I will cherish that memory I have. He looks awesome and I hope he has a great year! Love you Seth!

Jen said...

I can't believe our little munchkins are old enough to be in Kindergarten already! I'm sure Seth will have a fantastic year, he's got a great teacher... and his bud Maya!