Monday, September 05, 2011

First Trips of the Fall

Sunday we decided to pack up the truck and head out. Our first stop was the cider mill for some apples, donuts and a taste of fresh cider. I could go to The Cider Mil every single weekend in the fall. It is definitely one of my fall staples. They got a new cider press so we were even able to see the entire cider making process and chat with a worker who explained it all to us.
Help me pick out some yummy apples Leah!
They are so camera trained.

I'm sure we won't be able to be wearing our summer clothes the next time we stop for a visit.

It was so warm, we would have loved to have dipped our feet in that cool water.

The rest of the day consisted of letterboxing, a visit to Gram and Gramp's in Lowville, climbing trees and getting ready for the week ahead. Opening day pictures to come...

3 comments:

Jen said...

I can't wait to go to the Cider Mill. I really wanted to make a trip this weekend, but besides not being home, Rod said that we have to wait until fall to go, otherwise it will lose its specialness. I may just have to sneak up there before the calendar says I officially can.

The North Country Sweets said...

Ohhh, can't wait to go! Did you go to the letterbox in the Lowville Rural Cemetary! Isn't it fun??

KristenC said...

I really want to do the Lowville letterbox..maybe next week on the way to the festival! I love the Cider Mill and can't wait to take the kids there! yummmmy!