Saturday, January 01, 2011

We Kicked Cancers Ass... So We Partied Like It Was 1985!

Roland and I always said that if we got through this horrible fall with flying colors that we would throw the party of all parties to celebrate and that is exactly what we did. Instead of a boring old NYE party we added a spin to it and hoped that our friends would run with it...THEY TOTALLY EXCEEDED OUR EXPECTATIONS! Can I just say that we have the BEST friends and family EVER! I took over 75 pictures and 15 videos of the night so here are the best of the best of the best from our NYE 80s Bash 2010!
Sheryl and Jess making jello shots!
Sheryl and Jess helped us out so much on Friday and we could have never gotten it all done without them so THANK YOU SO MUCH!
We bought just a few beers to fill the Pepsi cold barrel.
Roland was in charge of decorations as Jess, Sheryl and I cooked.
I hope you are ready to laugh...
Part way through the party I told Justin that he needed to tight roll his jeans, being that he was born in 1987 he had no idea what I meant. I taught him very quickly the art of tight rolling his jeans.
Introducing Punky Brewster and Jennifer Beals from Flashdance AKA Sheryl and Jess
Axl Rose and two fitness club rejects AKA Rod, Ro and Tim
Leah with her Fairy Godmother
We knew Zeke would pull out all the stops and he did not disappoint us.
Our 80s rocker groupie chicks!
Axl Rose with his Groupie
Lisa and Zeke
Tim and Ashley
Justin and Joan

When Matt and Mack walked in we died laughing. His hair and the jean jacket were rad!
Mack has perfect 80s hair!
I tight rolled Justin's jeans.
Rod painted his finger nails, toe nails and even sported eye liner!
I have to say that I LOVED the crimped side pony!


Mack even found a pair of perfectly white high top sneakers!

I took 75 pictures and I'd say a quarter of them have Tim in them. Whenever he saw the camera he just jumped into each and every picture.
Matt and Mackenzie
80s feet
Roland's second outfit; shortie shorts, knee high socks and an 80s t-shirt.
Justin also had layers. He kept stripping them off and it kept getting funnier. Let the dancing begin!
Joan danced for the first time and loved it!

This is what happens after 12 or so beers...
Keep scrolling...
There were a few more, but I think you get the idea.
Matt is normally very straight laced and I was shocked to see him let loose. He was the master of the mike. We were told that he was very anti-video game and after all the fun he had last night they bought one today!
We had dancing in the front and Rock Band in the back. It was the perfect set up!
After the boys hogged the back room the girls wanted a turn to rock out and decided to take it over.
Punky was on the drums.
Laurie was on the lead guitar.
Kristen was on lead vocals.
I believe this was the beginning of Thriller. Don't ask, you never know what these two are up to when they get together and have had a few beers.
Love the Thriller moves!
This was the best party we have ever thrown with the best people we know. Thank you all for sharing in our lives and being here for us through sickness and thank goodness good HEALTH!
Here is to a fantastic 2011 with the wonderful people in our life!
PS...Many videos to come!

5 comments:

Jen said...

We must have been blogging simultaneously. I just posted mine and then read yours... almost identical. Great minds think alike!

Mom xoxooxox said...

The pictures are amazing!!!To an amzazing NEW YEAR, HEALTH, and HAPPINESS!!! AND of course making many more family memories. I am ready to go camping RO!!!!!! Love you everyday, Mom xoxooxoxxo

Anonymous said...

What a great reason to celebrate! Looks like you had so much fun:) Meredith

KristenC said...

You threw the best party and it was the best New Year's party I ever went to! Darn it Lee, stop missing these things!

The North Country Sweets said...

Great, GREAT Party!!!! Love them! I wish I can dress like that EVERY DAY! LOL!