Tuesday, January 04, 2011

My mom was given this book as a Christmas gift from one of her students so she read and discussed it with Seth and I finally read it on Sunday. It is a must have! It is all about making positive choices and "filling up your personal bucket" with positive thoughts and actions and not emptying your bucket with negative attitudes, thoughts and deeds. It is very uplifting and a must have for children 4 and older. I am going to order one for myself ASAP. Since Seth has listened to it we often to refer to his good deeds as "filling his bucket" or even better "overflowing his bucket". He also doesn't like it when he has been bad and his bucket has gone dry. Dinner time has been a breeze (knock on wood) because he stays seated and has been eating like a champ. Check this book out, the message is amazing and the illustrations are beautiful too!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have this book, too! Great for teachers also...Meredith

Mom xooxxo said...

Yes an amazing book I love it!! I am going to read it to PreK tomorrow. xooxx Mom

Anonymous said...

M Briggs brought it in last year and Sue read it to the kids. I absolutely love it!! I even mentioned it to Joyce and said we should adopt a theme related to that at Guardino to go along with our character ed. We really didn't discuss it in depth, maybe we should bring it back up!!
Love-E
PS-thanks for your help today!!

KristenC said...

I am really going to check this book out! Jake talks about it all the time!

The North Country Sweets said...

Ohhh!!! I can't wait to get it!