Thursday, January 20, 2011

Things That Make Me Happy in the Winter...

I'm not the hugest fan of the winter. I like to ski, but other than that I'm more of a no coat, flip flop wearing gal. I like to take walks, bike rides and do all sorts of fair weather outdoor activities. Why do I live here? Plain and simple...because I was born here and I'm a family home body. I was always too scared to move away so here I am every winter just waiting for the snow to melt and the sun to dry everything back up. I have often thought that in past years I've suffered from "Seasonal Affective Disorder", but now that I have kids I'm too busy to realize how truly long and gloomy the winter can be. Thank goodness! When the days get long, cold and dark I have to think of all the amazing aspects of life to pick myself backup.


I think about... the sun, mini vacations, my favorite shows waiting for me on the DVR at 8pm every night, Leah's smile and screech as I open the door at daycare, Roland surprising us and coming home early from work once in awhile, being asked over to friends for dinner on week nights (bonus for me not to cook), a certain someones homemade meatballs, ski dates with my 2 favorite boys, Leah's mullet, being gifted my favorite shortbread cookies from Panera, nightly dinner pics from Florida, just checking in texts from friends near and far, the iphone coming to Verizon, daily emails from my Gram, new recipes, creating Shutterfly memory books, online sale shopping, In Touch Weekly, random hugs for no reason, Seth turning the BIG 5, making crafts with the kids, girls dinners at Panera, BUNKO night, our new blanket gifted by S & J, photo booth pics and on and on.

I could probably go on forever. Even though I'm not the biggest fan of the winter, I at least have tons of aspects of my life that keep me smiling on a daily basis. So until we can unwrap the boat and hit the lake these are the things that make me extra happy this time of year.

1 comment:

KristenC said...

I hear ya! Winter can be sooo long but I am making plans for every week, things to look forward to! I need those winterventions to get me through! Hey, I like that new word I just created! And I love meatballs too!!