Thursday, February 01, 2007

Hot Off the Presses

I have been very negligent about posting recipes lately, but I have a brand new one courtesy of my friend Lori who hosted girls dinner at her house this week. Her theme was seafood and she made the best Seafood Stew along with sweet shrimp along with fresh veggies along with Heath Bar cheesecake along with homemade salsa and chips. I left a very happy woman! So here is her very easy recipe for the stew...


Seafood Stew
Bring 3 cups of water to a boil.
Add cubed potatoes and turn to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
Add a jar of spaghetti sauce and seafood. (she used shrimp and scallops)
Add 1/2 cup of white cooking wine,
diced peppers, onions, mushrooms, or anthing else you think might be good.
If cooking in a crockpot you can throw it all in together instead of boiling the water and such.
I haven't tried making it myself yet, but it is on the menu for next week. So Seth's newest word, a really tough one it's..... hi! I was on the phone with Ginger last night and he said hi into the phone, we both got a big laugh out of it. I was finally able to call and apologize for forgetting her birthday and she was apologizing to me for forgetting Seth's so we were even. She doesn't know it but I have a gift for her the next time I get to see her. SHHH don't tell!
Tonight we have to drop my car off to get a recalled part fixed and then I made corn and potato chowder, so yummy on a cold night like tonight will be! Plus BONUS... Grey's Anatomy is on and it's new!!!
Tomorrow night we need to show for Uncle J's birthday gifts and then on to the weekend of more birthday fun!

1 comment:

AMANDA said...

I have missed your receipes. This sounds like a goody, I'll have to give it a try.