Thursday, February 15, 2007

Belated Valentine's Wrapup

Yesterday Watertown had a major snowstorm so all the schools in three counties were closed and just about everything else was shut down. It was crazy to see just how much snow had fallen in such a short amount of time. It has stopped for the meantime and the sun is out, but it is bitter cold outside. I'd like to sneak into my Dad's Suburbon tomorrow and head to Florida with them. But, alas, we now have only 33 days until the beginning of spring. I also got the best news in the world from my Mom yesterday. She told me that daylight savings time is starting over a month early and lasting through November. That is like two months longer than normal. I love when it stays light longer and the days seem to last forever. It is alright when they last forever in the spring, summer and fall, just not in the winter. Winter can go anytime now!

Valentine's Day was pretty uneventful. My mom stopped over in the morning to see Seth since she had been sick and not seen him in a week. She was going through withdrawl. She brought him a little gift. She has started a great tradition that I think he will truly love when he gets a little older. Starting at his baptism she has bought him a book for each and every holiday and recorded each book on tape for Seth to enjoy in the coming years. She has done a great job with them. I think she has dome about 5 or 6 now.
Then, I brought Seth to Pat's for the afternoon because I thought that I would still have my ENT appointment, but I didn't realize until Seth was already there that the office closed. So I took the opportunity to get a ton of errands done. I got our taxes finished, picked up my CT x-rays, ran to Kinney's for Seth's prescription, bank, and Ro took me out to lunch for Valentine's Day.

I felt so badly as soon as Ro walked in the door last night he was right back outside snowblowing and plowing us out. It was deep!

Today I'm back to work and the kids are sugared up on post Valentine's Day sweets and they are having all the parties that were supposed to be yesterday. My close friend Erin had a pancake breakfast for her class instead of a traditional sugar fest. It was great! She taught them proper table manners, they made placemats, and name cards. It turned out great and they enjoyed themselves.

Now this afternoon, I'm off to my eye appointment. I only go every 2 years so it ought to be interesting. I know I need stronger glasses and actually I need to wear them more in the first place. I just hate them!

1 comment:

AMANDA said...

I just love the tradition your mom started w/ Seth. What a great idea!
ANd please keep the countdown to spring coming!
Have a fun weekend.