Monday, January 22, 2007

The Year of Tornado/Lovebug Seth

I'm writing this post a day early because I don't think I'll be near a computer tomorrow, I have to score the ELAs!

LET'S TAKE A LITTLE WALK DOWN MEMORY LANE...
One year ago today I had no cares in the world, I was as big as a house waddling around. I can remember this day so clearly. Ro and I had gotten up and gone to Longway's for breakfast, I got my typical order of home fries extra crispy and one chocolate chip pancake. After breakfast we stopped at Pepsi to run some reports and I felt like I had to go to the bathroom, but couldn't go. I'd sit there and nothing would happen. DUH, I was having contractions. So we went home and I rested, took a walk, and rested some more. I had contractions 10 minutes apart all throughout the night and at 8am I called the doc, went in for a check and we were off on our wild ride of a day and evening until Seth Patrick Charlton was born at 9:34pm!
Here is a year in review for our little man...
sponge baths, 1st doc visits, getting peed on, sleepLESS nights, walks in the stroller, outtings outside of the house, 1st Super Bowl and Daddy's team wins, Mommy turns 28, meeting cousins and friends, losing belly button cord, baths, Crissy Beanz, godparents, shots, big crib, growing out of diapers quickly, changing formulas, Pat's, more shots, Lusy is born, Mommy postpones going back to work, dunkin donuts, 1st cold, easter with Uncle Eric and Aunt Sheryl, Maya is born, laughing, Taste of the town on Mommy's front, SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT, visiting Colgate, Lexy turns 5, rolling over, more shots, cereal, jumperoo, sunglasses, hitting the parade circuit, Great Grandpa turns 80, Mother's Day, Father's Day, baby food, pool parties, Mt. Carmel Feast, Aunt Dayna graduates from WHS, Gilbert/Charlton Reunion '06, farmer's market, baptism, playdates with Maya and Lucy, letterboxing, hair trims, more shots, Harborfest, tub ring, storytime at the library, bumbo seat, big boy carseat, lowering crib mattress, crawling, cookouts, holding own bottle, Bravo Fest, Daddy turns 31, rashes, cider mill, pulling up, saying Mamma and Dadda, Storm is born, teeth, family pic, Halloween, duck, ear infections, striderites, new balance sneakers, flu shots, Christmas trees, Luke is born, trying milk, pizza and wings, mommy locks Seth in the car (oops), chicken nuggets, french fries, kisses and hugs, meatballs... I know there is so much more, but this is what came to my mind for the past year.

One a funnier note, we hadn't bought Seth any boots for the winter because he really doesn't need them, but we were at Target on Saturday and they were on clearance for $4.48 so I picked up a pair just in case he needs them. They are a tribute to Napoleon Dynamite and I know he will want to kill me in the future for making him wear them.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe the little man is (almost) 1!!
Rest assured, I'm sure ANYTHING we dress them in now, they'll make fun of in the future! Even the coolest of cool outfits will look corny 20 years from now (unfortunately)! That's funny, because I think about it all the time too. Plus, the fun thing about being a mom is getting to dress them in whatever you want!
Happy (almost)BDay Seth!

AMANDA said...

Aww, happy almost birthday Seth! I didn't know his middle name was Patrick. That is Bob and Denny's middle name!
Love this post Jen!