Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Inspiration

CALLING ALL BLOGGY FRIENDS... Alright, it is only January 16th, the dead of winter and I need some inspiration. I have never been one to love the winter. I don't love being indoors. I don't love the cold. Once Christmas is over I'm like alright, bring on the spring. I was feeling a little cagey yesterday being home all day. Seth and I even battled a minor ice storm just to get out of the house for a couple of hours. So if anyone has any suggestions for battling the winter blues please help a gal out! It is just a little over 2 months until the official start of spring and I think I'll start a countdown.

To add to my cagey-ness Seth has his 3rd ear infection in 6 weeks. EEEKS!!! So we are on yet another stronger antibiotic to try and get rid of this thing for good!

So I started this blog on Tuesday when I was feeling a little low and I have been thinking to myself, "don't let this get you down!" So I have decided to make a list of things to look forward to in the up coming warmer months and even yet in the weeks ahead! So here goes...

1. FINALLY going to SYR for a little shopping therapy this weekend.
2. TH night B-day dinner for my step-mom Sue
3. FR night B-day dinner for my Gram who will be 79!!!
4. Seth's 1st birthday, photobooth fun and party on the 27th!
5. Meeting my brother in SYR on 2/3 for his post-b-day dinner. He'll be 20!
6. The musicial Pajama Game will be put on at the TI High School in March! So excited about that!
7. Spring starts (officially/unofficially) March 22nd!!!!!!
8. Trip to DC in June
9. Trip to Lake George in July with The Gilbert's
10. Trip to visit Justin's new college as soon as the snow is GONE!
11. Visits with Seth's baby friends, Morgan, Storm, Maya, Delaney...
12. Going to story time at the library over Feb break!

So here I feel a little better already. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful family and friend circuit that when I get down with the winter blues I need to STOP thinking about all the negetives and REMEMBER all the GREAT things I have in my life! I am truly lucky!

2 comments:

AMANDA said...

I feel the same way. I start to get bummed out once the holidays are over and you know you have a few months of winter still ahead. But you have to do what you just did. Think positive and think about what you have to look forward to. Time goes by fast and spring will be here before we know it. Sun, sun, sun, here we come!

Anonymous said...

Spend the time enjoying every little thing about cutie patootie Seth.. he's only little once! You could finger paint, bake or stay in your jammies all day and sing and dance! You could always bundle him up and take him outside to make a snowman or go sledding. Don't let the winter get you down... before you know it, it'll be so hot you'll want to scream!