Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Confessions of a Bad Mom

So I must confess that I have not been the most responsible Mom lately, thank God for Ro or else Seth would be in some rough shape. You are probably wonderful what could she have done....

Bad Mom #1:
Well, on Saturday the three of us went over to my Dad and Sue's for our belated holiday festivities. We had the car jam packed full with presents and all of Seth's gear for the day. Roland and I get out of the car at the same time, I go to get Seth out of his carseat and Ro heads to the trunk to get the gifts when we both realize that the doors lock automatically when you put the car in drive so I open my car door to unlock the rest of the vehicle but instead I lock the entire car up, Seth inside! AHHHHHHHHHHHH, bad Mommy! Luckily we on;t live1/2 mile from my Dad and Ro was able to jet home to grab the spare car keys.

Bad Mom #2:
I have been pretty sick with some type of cold for about 5 days now. Luckily I am on the homestretch if I could only get my taste buds back. If you see them tell them I miss tasting food and I'd like them back!!! Anyhow, back to my story. I went to Urgent Care on Sunday and they gave me 4 prescriptions. I only filled 2 because the other 2 seemed useless. After not sleeping for too many nights to count I finally asked Ro last night to fill the prescription for the cough medicine for the nighttime. No knowing that it has codene in it until I was taking it. Well, 1tsp knocked me out last night, enough to sleep through Seth waking up at 4am and not wanting to go back to sleep. I mean screaming! I heard him faintly, but I was out. Thank God for my wonderful hubby who took care of him and got him back to sleep.

So needless to say I have been a bad Mommy lately, but I'm blaming it on my stupid cold. Here's to cold free days and sleep filled nights for all of the Charlton's!

3 comments:

nina beana said...

aaah jen, i hope you feel better soon. here's where i would be coming to YOU bringing you some homemade food goodies (bland, of course :)

xo!

Anonymous said...

I've heard of Mom's doing FAR worse than that... I wouldn't worry too much about it!

AMANDA said...

You are too cute. That's nothing to sweat. You are an awesome mom and I know it.
Hope you beat that cold in time for the weekend!