Monday, October 23, 2006

Updates All Around



I'm so hoping that this blog will let me upload pics today, because I've got a ton! Despite having the mommy sickies this weekend we kept on going. Saturday we took a trip to Hamilton to visit my brother, AKA Uncle J at Colgate. It was a beautifully sunny yet cold and windy day. We made the most of it though. Seth loved Justin's dorm room and Ro and I were very mellow despite the fact that he was probably crawling around on all sorts of infectious germs. What won't kill him will make him stronger right!!! We took a long walk around campus and then ate some very delicious chinese food downtown. Seth was amazing, he slept all the way there (2 hours) and half the way home. Colgate is such a beautiful campus with such great views, but boy is it hilly. I don't see how any student could gain that freshman 15 while attending, what a work out!

My brother goes to quite a prestigious, intelligent, and wealthy school. As we walked around we saw money basically everywhere. By that I mean expensive cars, clothes, and such. The dorm that he lives in this year is primarily an African American dorm. While the school feels the need to put all of one race together is beyond me, but my brother happens to live in a dorm that has always been an AA dorm, 3 of the 4 floors are AA. Justin lives on the 4th floor and apparently there is some tension between floors. He wanted to make sure to show us the new painting that was hung on his floor. I couldn't get over the school allowing it to be hung and on an all white floor. It just goes to show that times have not changed and the world is a very scary place.

My brother does not agree with it and is quite mad at the whole situation.

On a happier note, Justin loved Seth's hat enough to want to wear it!

When we got home Roland was in full swing to start more demo on the kitchen. For all that remember, we previously had some shelves that hung from the ceiling, but they also sort of divided the kitchen from the breakfast nook, so we decided that as long as we were making a mess of the kitchen we might as well make an even bigger one and we tore them out. Now it looks so much brighter and bigger and I actually feel like I could be cooking and also chatting with whom ever is there if they were to sit in the breakfast nook now. Seth was so amazing watching Ro tear down all the old shelves.

This is what Seth looked like while trying to eat and watching Ro work on the kitchen!

A special Happy 9 month Birthday goes out to my little man today. 9 months ago on a Monday just like today you were born! My how time is flying now!

I'm going to post my recipe of the day a little later today, I actually have to go and teach! Opps!

1 comment:

nina beana said...

great post jen- sounds like a nice weekend. that painting is WAY disturbing, hanging anywhere. seth's face is so stinkin' precious. xo