Friday, October 27, 2006

Packed With Food Friday!

Ro is harrassing me today because he is coming to take me out to lunch during my break, we are going to our brand new Panera Bread for dinner, and I'm going out with Ginger for dinner tomorrow night. He says that we should be eating leftovers because we are remodeling our kitchen. My motto is "Live it Up!" You only live once and I'm going to eat out as much as I want to!

So with that said here is another fall favorite in our house. I love meals that you can throw in the crock pot and come home to a wonderful smelling house and here is a great one!

Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff (Ro calls is strokin' off)

2 lbs. beef stew meat, I used beef chunks all cut up for me!
1 large onion chopped
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can onion soup
1 package of extra wide egg noddles
1 package of cream cheese, cubed up
8oz. sour cream

1. In your crock pot mix beef, onion, and soups.
2. Cover and cook on low heat all day, stirring occasionally.
3. About 15 minutes before serving, cook and drain the noodles. Meanwhile, stir cream cheese into beef mixture until melted and then sour cream. Stir until all melted and blended into a creamy sauce.
4. Serve beef mixture over noodles.

PS= It looks gross, but tastes delicious!!

So we have no major plans for the weekend. We need to prime the cupboards and that's about it. Next weekend is our overnight alone to Lake Placid, that will make for a more interesting post!

2 comments:

AMANDA said...

I am sitting her crying b.c the beef strokin' off comment is the funniest thing I've heard in a while. Hope you guys have a good weekend.

nina beana said...

yum! beef strog is my all-time fav meal. been thinkin bout you guys and your sister in law- hope everything is ok. enjoy your sun! xo