Thursday, October 19, 2006

Recipe Swap

As promised here is the first edition of my recipe swap! I have chosen one appetizer, good for Sunday football games, a night in watching a movie, or having friends over to hang out. The second is a dessert that fits the season with all its apple goodness!

Chicken Wing Dip

2 packages of cream cheese
1/2 Cup sour cream
Cut up chicken strips (cooked)
Buffalo Wing Sauce
Shredded Taco Cheese

**Soften cream cheese and mix in sour cream. Spread on the bottom of a cake pan. Add chicken and then Buffalo Wing Sauce onto the top of the cheese mixture. Sprinkle with shredded cheese and heat at 350 until warm 10-15 minutes depending on your oven. ENJOY!

Apple Bread

2 Cups sugar
3 Cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
3-4 peeled and cut up apples
1 1/2 Cups oil
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 Cup chopped nuts (optional)

** Mix all ingredients together and put into loaf pans. Bake at 350 for 60 minutes or until brown on top. **** Be careful though last time I used one of those new silicone pans and it took half the time. Just watch it along the way to judge the time!

I have made it in mini loaf pans, muffin tins, and large loaf pans!

I hope that you enjoy these and I'll dig out a main course and side dish for tomorrows edition! Have a great Thursday!

2 comments:

nina beana said...

great idea, jen! you've got my mouth watering with both of these babies, esp. the buffalo chicken one. my weakness! where can you get the sauce, though?

AMANDA said...

I'll be making the dip sunday for the browns game! I have a recipe for a buffalo wing dip also. It's a bit different from yours, but if you want to try it, let me know and i;ll post if for you.