Sunday, March 08, 2009

We are COMPLETE!

After a whirlwind pregnancy and birthing experience we are home and adjusting well to the wonderful change in our lives.
I would have to say that my pregnancy was not the easiest. Leah was a very busy girl inside of me and when I say that she wanted out quickly, I am NOT kidding you! I won't go into the specifics, but we arrived at the hospital around 5pm, texted my way through the evening and pushed her out in 3 minutes flat at 11:09pm. I am so grateful that it was quick, not painless by any means, but I will take quick any day! She came out so quick that it was surreal. After pushing for two and a half hours with Seth, this was the best gift anyone could have ever given me.
We had an amazing out pour of love on Friday at the hospital. We are truly fortunate to have a wonderfully supportive family and network of friends. If I am counting correctly, we had over 20 people come to visit Leah. She is going to be one lucky little girl with so many people to love her.
We are home now and adjusting. After 2 years with no bottles and a year with no diapers we laugh at how inexperienced we feel at times. It is like riding a bike and coming back to us quickly though. Roland and I are a terrific team and we are working together on every aspect of our daily lives now. I am so lucky to have him.
I have a ton more pictures that I will post throughout the week as well as a couple of videos. You can also check out fotolog for daily pictures. (www.fotolog.com/seth12306)

4 comments:

AMANDA said...

She is beautiful! I am so happy for you guys! Sending lots of love from CLeveland!

Anonymous said...

I'll second that, she IS beautiful! Thank you SO much for letting me share your special day with you. I will cherish it forever. By the way.... YOU ROCKED.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! She is adorable!

jenica said...

congratulations! that is great news. so happy to hear that it was a lovely, quick birth. i hope you have a quick and easy recovery too!

xoxo