Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Bewitching Hours

Dear Bloggie Moms-

I'd like to know who invented the bewitching hours for babies? Seth had them and Miss Leah sure has them, but WHY? All day long, we sleep, eat, poop and play a little, but there are no hour long screaming sessions and the day is pretty relaxed. It is like a switch is flipped and our sweet little girl changes when the sun goes down. There is very little we can do to soothe her so we take turns walking and rocking and trying everything in our brains to make it stop! I don't know if she is sleeping too much during the day and early evening or what. I'm the kind of person who figures things out, fixes them and then moves on. Or so I desperately try to. So at this point I'm not sure if we are doing something wrong or if it is just a phase and will pass. If, so hopefully soon. I'm beginning to hate that word phase! I realize that it is a phase, she will get bigger and grow out of it, but if any of you have gone through this and I know you have, you will agree with me that it royally stinks and that is putting it politely! So for today, just writing about it makes me feel a tad bit better, but when it does pass I will feel worlds better! Here is to scream free evenings!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen, You just have to suffer through it and take breaks when you need it. Colden was awful and I did not have Mike home every night. I remember thinking it would never end, like driving through a lake effect snow band. But does end!!!!!

Anonymous said...

ahhhh....i remember that! I think sooo much of parenting makes a parent feel like they can't "fix" it. But I know you guys are doing a great job. The fact that Leah is your second, helps to know that this WILL end, but it doesn't make it any less frustrating does it!?! If you need a night free of screaming...we can relieve you! Let us know!

Anonymous said...

Just try to stay as calm as possible, even if that sounds impossible. Babies feed off your body language. As cliche as it sounds, this too shall pass. I promise. Focus on the good times :)