Thursday, March 12, 2009

1 WEEK

At 11:09pm tonight Leah will be 1 week old. What the heck? Where has the time gone? I could say that we are in a sleep deprived state and can't focus, but that is an utter lie. We have actually gotten more than enough sleep and I don't want to jinx it, but things are going really well.

It is totally hard to believe that one week ago I was on my way to work without a care in the world. I started having random contractions throughout the day, but that hadn't been anything new to me. I left work early with all sorts of notes all over my room "just in case" I didn't return. I had a 2:50pm appt and then my world turned upside down. It was a complete whirlwind and our Leah arrived later that evening. I never imagined she would make her debut in such a timely manner, but I give her kisses every day in thanks for such an easy delivery.

Now, one week later we are a family of four. Roland and I are such a great team and we tackle day to day life together. We have gone on little outings each day this week and I am probably gaining weight instead of losing it due to all the yummy food we have been given. Oh well, as soon as I heal fully I'll be out and walking like the old Jen.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seth looks so proud to be the big brother.he is alaways so happy just like his mommy and daddy you both have beautiful children and we are so very happy for you all what a lovely family love ya's your aunt Dee

Anonymous said...

Jen, Congratulations on your beautiful daughter! I stumbled across your blog as I was checking out what was new with the Folsom's. Seth looks like he is enjoying the role of big brother. I am so glad everything is well, you look great!
Lorraine
P.S. Does this mean you won't be able to pick up the cake??;)

nina beana said...

leah is typing a miniature email to lulu!!!! (silly gilbert joke...lulu is always typing miniature emails!)

glad everything is going so well for you guys! xx

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that everything is going so well for you. How could they not be? You have 2 of the most adorable children in the world!