Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Determination

My friend Kristen and her family went to Disney last week so I asked her if she would pick up my all time favorite treat from Downtown Disney. See picture below... It is the biggest, thickest, yummiest rice crispy treat in the whole world WITH chocolate on top.


So you might be thinking that it would be easy for her to pick it up on her travels and just bring it home with her last weekend right? Well, not for Kristen, nothing lately seems to be easy for her. After being gone for three weeks over the holidays she gets a call on the morning they are to return saying that their furnace wasn't working and that there house was currently 35 degrees. In a panic they contact people to get the ball rolling to get the furnace fixed and head home as quickly as possible, BUT without my special treat. It was forgotten in the hustle and bustle. Would I have minded? No way, I would have totally understood and gone without.



Well, Kristen wouldn't have that and she asked her mom to have it shipped to Watertown. Two days later it was personally delivered to my door and I ate about a quarter of it last night. That is true friendship across the miles!



There was also a special treat in the box for Seth, which he thoroughly enjoyed!
Thank you Kristen for all of your trouble. We both enjoyed our treats very very much!

No comments: