Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Bad Mommy

So I probably shouldn't tell this story for fear that someone will turn me into CPS, but it's too darn funny not to.

Seth and I made a Super Walmart run last Friday. We picked up some odds and ends as well as some birthday gifts for the little man. What am I going to do next year when I can't take him with me shopping? Anyhow, we head to the truck and he climbs into his seat and starts his DVD player. In the meantime I walk around the truck and unload the cart and then put it in the cart corral. I jump into the truck and head across the street to McDonald's where we were meeting Roland for lunch.

Halfway across the street Seth says, "Um Mommy, you forgot to buckle me!"

I said, "Oh my goodness I am so sorry" and I start laughing so hard.

I then said, "Mommy is in so much trouble!"

We laugh our way across the street, Roland pulls up and Seth rats me out immediately!

Do you see why we won't tell the little man the name of the baby, he can't keep any SECRETS!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry. I think everyone does this once. We did it with Sophia, only she never mentioned it until we were on 81!
At least his car seat was belted in. I've forgotten to do that too. Oops.

Sarah Richards said...

I have done this before too but before I even put the car into drive Morgin said "Mommy you didn't buckle me up for safety!"
It's that whole second pregnancy brain!"

AMANDA said...

I have done it a couple times before too!