Saturday, September 16, 2006

Couples Date Night!

Last night Roland and I went to Syracuse for dinner with 2 of our couple friends to our all time favorite restaurant Ichiban's! We had a fabulous time as always and I even splurged, I ordered shrimp and lobster to be cooked over the grill and Ro got filet and scallops. We went all out, appetizers and the whole nine yards.

The girls: Sherri, Myself, and Lori (8months pregnant)

That's my lobster second in the meat row, so yummy!


I missed the fire shot, but this chef was the best we have had in a while. He even made the fried rice into the shape of a heart!

We had a wonderful time last night and Seth was a good boy for Grandpa and Nana Buckingham. When we returned we did get some very sad news. I feel like I need to talk about it a little to process it in my mind still. My father who just recently retired went out on an all day fishing trip yesterday with some other men who had also retired and about half way through the day one of those men had a massive heart attack and passed away while my father and the other men were trying to revive him. As you can imagine this is taking and will continue to weigh heavily on my fathers mind so I want to send loving thoughts out to him. I can not even begin to imagine how he is feeling and what he may be going through today. I love you Dad take care!

This also reiterates my new motto for life that I have been trying hard to follow since the birth of my son:

YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT TOMORROW WILL HOLD SO LIVE EVERY DAY TO THE FULLEST!

That is why I order lobster when I want to and get a new outfit for Seth just because I think it is cute and why Roland and I are looking to buy a boat next summer. You just never know and I want to look back and know that I enjoyed my life and made the best of it and made sure that my kids have a great life!

1 comment:

AMANDA said...

Glad you guys had a fun night out. Sorry to hear about your dad's friend. We will keep him in our prayers.