Monday, September 25, 2006

Chocolate Fountain, Need I Say More?



Saturday Roland and I went to my cousins wedding in Lowville, we haven't been to a wedding in over a year so we were excited. The ceremony was short and sweet and on to the reception. We arrived at the reception at 2:30 and were told that they weren't serving dinner until 5pm, but there didn't look like much hope for appetizers, so we had a few drinks and socialized. WELL, about an hour later they started up the chocolate fountain and I was sooooooooooo excited I could hardly contain myself. I was ready to push people out of the way to get to that fruit and chocolate. After 4 plates, YES 4 plates I was so full that I hardly had room for dinner. Dinner was great and we had an all around great day and evening. My mom watched Seth from 12-9 and she was exhausted when we got home. To quote her she said, "Boy you have to be young to have kids, I'm exhausted!"

Roland had to take a pic of me eating yet more chocolate goodness!

My Dad and Stepmom Sue at the reception


Our friends Shawn and Sheri


My cousin Lee Anne and myself

We continued to enjoy the weekend on Sunday. We ended up taking Seth to the cider mill for the first time and we bought some apples. It was crazy busy there and crazy windy, but we were able to check out the waterfalls and they were making cider so we got to watch the process, it was very interesting. I am starting to enjoy fall more and more every year. There are so many fun outtings you can go on. When we got home Seth went down for a nap and I made homemade apple bread. It was out of this world!


Seth and Daddy in front of the Cider Mill Sign


Daddy and Seth in front of the falls


Cider press

Needless to say we had a wonderful fun filled weekend and we have a busy fun filled week ahead of us. Friends from New Jersey who we haven't seen since our wedding are coming for a visit tomorrow night as well as girls dinner club on Wednesday night! Pics to come as always!

1 comment:

AMANDA said...

Apple bread, I never had that. Sounds good. Everyone is bloggin' about yummy snacks, making me hungry. Glad the weekend treated you and Ro well!