Saturday, April 16, 2011

Reasons Why I Won't Be Asked on the Show Cupcake Wars Anytime Soon

So JV game me this amazing cupcake recipe to try. It sounded utterly delicious and high fat which is what all "good" cupcakes should be. I decided, what the heck I will try it out. The boys were gone and I turned on The Wiggles for Leah. Fast forward three hours later...
I could never ever go on that show Cupcake Wars because I can't take the high stress, rush atmosphere and I don't have the cupcake training, but I sure gave it 100% effort this morning. This recipe called for a gazillion ingredients and a TON of butter! 3 sticks of butter went into the cupcake batter plus half a stick for the filling inside the cupcakes and another half in the frosting...YIKES!
Cookie Dough Stuffed Cupcakes...almost done!
Frosted! The frosting turned out a bit more soupy than I had hoped, but I threw them in the fridge and it hardened perfectly.
Now if I had been on Cupcake Wars there would be someone to clean up this mess for me.


The cupcakes were an utter hit and I have to say they were pretty darn tasty!

4 comments:

Laurie said...

Delish! Cookie dough anything rocks! But 4 sticks of butter??? Should be called artery-clogger cupcakes!!

Mom said...

The most DELICIOUS cupcakes I hsve ever had OMG!! When are you going to make them again?????? xoooxoxo mom

Jen said...

The cupcakes were delicious! I can't wait to make them sometime. Definitely a keeper recipe.

The North Country Sweets said...

you saved me one, right? You crack me up!