Monday, April 04, 2011

Check it Off the Bucket List

I am totally a foodie at heart so there are certain items on my "bucket list" that have to do with food and since Laurie lives in NJ and we were staying with her Friday night I asked right away if we could go to a Melting Pot restaurant on Friday night. Thank goodness all three Smith sisters that I was travelling with are also foodies and were up for the fun!
We started out with a pitcher of Sangria...AMAZING!
We decided to go for the full fondue feast which consisted of a cheese course, salad course, meat and veggies course and finally a chocolate course. Three hours later they needed to roll us out of the restaurant and thank goodness we walked all day long on Saturday thought he streets of NYS to help burn off the previous nights dinner.
We decided on spinach and artichoke cheese fondue to start with and it was prepared table side.
They served it with green apples, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, french bread and chips as dippers.
It was super cheesy!
Our meat and veggie course consisted of pork loin, two kinds of steak, chicken, shrimp and ravioli plus mushrooms, broccoli and potatoes.
They also gave you 6 different dipping sauces and two kinds of tempura.
Beyond delicious!
Dessert consisted of the following plate and we chose a milk chocolate and peanut butter fondue.
Look how tired we are! It was one of the best dining experiences of my life. Truly memorable!
Sorry Becky this was too funny to not share with the world!

6 comments:

Jen said...

Some day I'd like to check out one of these restaurants. My mom used to go to one all the time in North Carolina and said they're fantastic!

Maureen said...

Oh...my...GOD! That looks fabulous! I've never heard of this resturaunt but I'm GOING to make it there someday!

Ashley said...

Oh my goodness! What a fabulous time. I'm so glad you girls got away and enjoyed some girl time!

The North Country Sweets said...

Um, YUM. that's all. nothing else.

Mom xoxo said...

SOOOOOOO exciting, what an experience and so many memories made!! Love you everyday Mom xoxox

Anonymous said...

I have never heard of such restaurant, how did you find out about it? I know, silly question, you are a food guru. Lol! This sounds like an absolutely amazing experience. Right up my alley!
Love-E