Thursday, April 07, 2011

Quality Time

My grandparents just celebrated their 63rd wedding anniversary this past weekend so when they said that they had to be in town for an appointment I took the opportunity to tell them to come on over for dinner. They both love to spend time with the kids and I love to see them period. I walked into our living room and found my grandfather on the floor. No, he didn't fall. Who knew that an 84 year old man with a plastic hip and a heart machine could get down on the floor to play ball with Seth and snuggle with Rocky?? I want to be just like him at that age and I love that he still has the spirit that he has!
Now, it wouldn't be a visit to our house without dressing my Gram up somehow. We decided that she needed a princess crown this trip. What a good sport she is! We love you Gram and Gramp!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Your grandparents are an inspiration to young adults everywhere. May we all live long and prosper just as they have!

Laurie said...

63 years! God bless them both and many, many more years of health and happiness together!!

The North Country Sweets said...

How amazing that Leah & Seth have Great-Grandparents that are so close by...they will always remember that and treasure that! Amazing! They are such wonderful folks!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Awesome...63 years!!
Love-E