Saturday, April 23, 2011

First Trip to the Zoo of the Season

The rain stopped for one whole day so we got out of the house as quickly as possible and took the kids and my mom to the zoo. We had planned to make a trip to Syracuse to go to that zoo, but I have still been recovering from being sick so I am trying to take it slow. Anyhow, the weather was chilly, but sunny and we all had such a blast. All of the animals were out and super playful so the kids got to see many up close and personal.


It was also the first outing without a stroller and it felt wonderful not to have to lug something around with us. Leah did an awesome job walking for most of the zoo. She was funny, when an animal got too close she wanted up. I don't think she understands the fence concept and thought some of the animals were going to get her.

Can I just say thank goodness I have tall children considering I am not very tall to say the least.

Seth loves when Grandma joins us for special days.

The bear was super close to the fence and we got to watch him for a bit.

Play time!

Picnic time!

Fitness time!

It was such a great day to spend outside and I thank my mom for always being willing to go on adventures with us!

2 comments:

Mom xoxoox said...

Had a blast and thanks for asking. Love to go anytime! Love you everyday, Mom xoxooxo

The North Country Sweets said...

Yippee!!! Love the zoo! The best!