Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter

We were sneaky this year and didn't tell the kids that Easter was on Sunday. Why you ask? Well, because we didn't want to get woken up at 6am. So instead both kids slept until 7:15am and then all heck broke loose and the festivities began. The search for the coveted baskets, pancakes and bacon, dressing in our Easter finest, church and then a trip to Lowville to spend the day with family.


Ruffle socks are the BEST!


The Easter Bunny was smart and put lots of new books in their baskets which they gladly enjoyed during mass. Thank goodness the Easter Bunny's school is having a BOGO book fair right now.


At the end of mass all the kids went to the front to get their Easter baskets blessed and they got some treats from Father Don. Leah is just a little excited! Happy Easter!

3 comments:

The North Country Sweets said...

Okay, I need to get my priest to learn these cool tricks! I never would have THOUGHT to have them bring their baskets!!! What kind of treats?

And I'm not telling the kids about Easter. AJ was up at 6AM, ugh!

Sandi said...

I LOVE the fact that you kept it a secret. What a wonderful idea, and you managed to buy yourself extra sack time. Wish I'd thought of something like that. Leah looks very cute in her Easter dress. Too bad it wasn't warmer!

Jen said...

I am jealous that you found ruffle socks! I wanted some for Noelle, but couldn't find them anywhere. Leah look so cute in her "Sandi-original"!