Thursday, September 23, 2010

Randomness

I do a ton of thinking on the way to and from work 5 days a week. This past week I have been thinking and worrying a ton about the family from my school who just lost their mother. As a mother I have had all sorts of thoughts about them that bring tears to my eyes.

Here are some of the other random thoughts I have been having this week...

* I'm pretty sure I ran over a skunk last Friday and some of the carcass it stuck underneath my truck because every time I get out I smell skunk and that is the one smell that I totally detest. I have looked under the truck and in the tires and can't see a thing, but the mysterious smell keeps lingering. Random!

* Seth has gone over the deep edge, he is completely girl crazy and it has caught up with him. He finally got in trouble at school because he won't leave the girls alone. The bad thing is that his teacher (aka Grandma) spoke to him, he cried and then she felt bad and gave him a hug and a had a talk. Come on Mom, scare him and then this girl problem will be over! ha ha!

* Leah is completely in love with Poppy Puccia. I drop Leah off on Wednesday evenings for 45 minutes while we take Seth to swim and she literally leaps out of her car seat when she sees Poppy. It is so hysterical and priceless!

* Jersey Shore is on tonight...such a guilty pleasure!

* Roland had to work at Oswego State on Thursday for the day. He handed out samples of the new fall Pepsi products. I was so envious, what fun to spend a day people watching at our Alma mater. He could have at least brought me home a new OSU sweatshirt, but no such luck!

* Have I mentioned that my mom now texts more than I do? This coming from the woman who used to get seriously angry with me and think it was oh so rude to text. She now texts all the time!

* I crave cider mill donuts all the time. I am going through with drawl because I haven't had one in 6 days!

* We sent Justin a care package and in it we put some of the famous IHC candy bars and M&Ms, but never thought that it was still warm in FL. They melted just a little. Oops!

* Crock pot meals! I love them and need some new recipes!

* Leggings! I am obsessed with leggings on Leah and I think she has at 6 outfits with leggings. I love them!

* I just realized that both of my younger brothers live in the same state now. Opposite ends of the state and too far away from here, but the same state. Random!

* Phases...Leah is in the "won't eat anything phase" I detest it and it is so stressful. Dinner is the worst because one night she might eat her food and the next won't touch it. I don't like to waste food or throw it away. It is just trying on the nerves to no end, but she is healthy so I am banking on the fact that it is just a phase and hopefully will end soon.

* Seth is Mr. Social. We caught him having random conversations with a boy in swim class last night. Roland and I sat on the side of the pool and giggled as he asked this boy what he was going to be for Halloween and what he wanted for Christmas. It was so funny!

* We are going apple picking this weekend and I am excited because Leah can roam through the orchard and pick apples this year. Many photo opportunities will be had.

* Sheryl and Jess are coming home on Saturday night until Sunday so we hope to see them at some point because it has been since August and we miss them.

* I dread sending Seth to Kindergarten and stress over the decision as to where to send him...IHC, TI or WCS??? This year can go very slow while I mull this decision over!

There are my random car thoughts for the week. I think I need to buy a little tape recorder because I know that I have far more thoughts than just this few. Happy Thursday! What are your random thoughts??

5 comments:

Jen said...

I'm so glad that you love leggings because Sophia and Maya have about a million pair between the two of them, which means little Miss Leah will be getting them as hand-me-downs. I love them too... as you'll see.

Try not to get too stressed over Leah being a picky eater. I think it must be a girl thing because there are many, many, many nights that Sophia and Maya don't even touch the food on their dinner plates. Like Dr. O says... they'll eat when they're hungry and there's not much you can do about it.

I share your love for the crock pot as well. I really need to get a new one, I've felt lost without ours since it broke 2 weeks ago! It makes life SO much easier.

I hope you can figure out the skunk smell, that would be torture driving that far everyday with that scent. Have you tried going to a carwash and doing the undercarriage wash?

P.S. It's always hot in Florida.

Mom xooxo said...

Just love the random thoughts! I have so many I can't begin to name them and actually I am trying not to think so much. CALM is the word for me. Love you everyday, oxoxox mom

Anonymous said...

I'm kind of going through what your first thought was now on the mom with school aged children who passed away. That happened this week in my town too and the woman was an acquaintance of mine. It is consuming my every thought of how will this father take care of his kids, and they must be so sad to be without their mom, and there is all this cooking, cleaning, yard work, and he still has to work and little league and soccer. I know there are single parents out there, but I'm just so consumed by this.

I laughed at all of your other thoughts too! Your kids are so cute.

-Steph (Nina's friend)

Anonymous said...

I'm with ya on the random thoughts. Unfortunately my mind goes a mile a minute. I couldn't even begin to put it all on paper! I'm with ur mom, I too need to stop thinking so much. Think calm...
Love-E

Ashley said...

Pickiness is no fun! Teagan will eat everything I put in front of him one night and the next night will eat nothing. Literally. Oh the joys of motherhood.
I love love love crockpot meals as well! I had started using mine several times a week, until it broke two weeks ago! I'm in the market for a new one. And quick!