Thursday, September 16, 2010

I knew there was a bigger reason why I titled my blog "Live for Today". Many people who read this blog probably think that our family never stays home, we never stay put for too long. Well, we don't and that is because there is a lot to experience out there. There is a lot of life to live and you just never know how long you have to live that life you are given. As I got out of my vehicle today and walked into my school I noticed a lot of talk going on and concern on peoples faces. I learned that a staff member from our high school, a mother and all around wonderful, always having a smile on her face woman had passed away at the young age of 37. Shocked and grief instantly hit the entire building and since I am such a thinker I started to worry about so many things. I can't even imagine growing up without a mother or having my children grow up without me. I can't imagine not being at my kids graduations, weddings or being a grandmother some day. I am left so extremely saddened that I had to verbalize it this way. I need to stop worrying about all the little things that I worry about and enjoy each and every day because you just never know what is around the bend. My heart goes out to this family and I am hoping that the day flies by so that I can go home and hug my family and not let go. Enjoy each and every moment of this wonderful life we have and "Live for Today". I vow to do just this.
This was a picture I took on the way home last week. The clouds looked so amazing that I thought it was fitting to add it to this post.

3 comments:

Jen said...

My heart goes out to that family. I completely agree that you need to put all the piddly little stuff aside that doesn't matter in the bigger scheme of things and live for today. Spend time as a family, let your kids know how much you love them and how important they are to you. Life is too short to worry about stupid things that don't matter. Well said!

Mom xooxo said...

I love you everyday Jen!! xoxoox Mom

KristenC said...

Whoaaa, I didn't comment on this the first time I read it because I could barely see the keyboard through my tears. Life could be and sometimes is so short, so you are right, live each day to its fullest. I could never imagine not having my mom or not being here for my family. Love each day you have!