Monday, September 20, 2010

In Honor of Best Friends

My school district cancelled school on Monday in honor of the woman who passed away unexpectedly. On Sunday I went to the calling hours and after I stopped and chatted with the woman's best friend who I know well. She was in the delivery room when Seth was born as one of the nurses so we reminisced about that and then spoke about how she had lost her best friend and she shared some stories about the two of them. It really hit close to the heart and got me to thinking about friendship. I picked up Seth and Jake from school on Monday and on the way to Kristen's I told the boys it was going to be a day spent with best friends; that Lindsey and Leah, Kristen and I and Seth and Jake were all best friends so we were spending a day with our BFFs! They both thought that was pretty cool.
It was so gorgeous outside that we had the boys run relay races.
They had a blast with each other as always! It was sad that a horrible event brought us together for a day, but we spent it enjoying each and every minute TOGETHER! Time is precious so we enjoyed the moment.

1 comment:

KristenC said...

I had such a blast-- I can't wait for your next day off!