Monday, September 27, 2010

Apples Apples and MORE Apples

Since we picked more pounds than we know what to do with we have been eating a ton of apples and today I decided to bake with both of the kids. Seth always loves to help and today I set Leah on a chair and let her help too. Ha Ha the joke was on me. If I didn't have my eyes on that bowl the whole time she was grabbing any and everything she could reach. I have to laugh about it now. She got so mad when Seth would pour in an ingredient so I let her help too! She was so happy!

Now that Seth knows how use our apple peeler/corer/slicer that is his job and he loves it!
I'd safely say that Seth has eaten two apples a day for the past week. I love it!
Leah is a dip-aholic! She loves to dip carrots in ranch, celery in blue cheese and now apples in caramel.
Our finally product...mini apple loaves and mini apple muffins! I brought the mini muffins in for our teachers aides and shared a few of the loaves with some other special people.

7 comments:

Jen said...

Thank you SOOOO much for my treat this morning, it was delicious. I love the mini loaf pan, it's so cute. I need one.

I love watching little kids cook (which is why there are always SO many baked goods at our house). We should have a massive kid baking day sometime. Would that be crazy of us?

Mom xoox said...

Where is my loaf my mouth is watering??? xoxoxox Mom

Laurie said...

Mmmm...I'm thinking I need to relocate to Watertown. You women up there cook up a storm! And I love that you all get the kids involved! What great memories you're making! I don't recall my mother letting us do that when we were little, which is probably why I can barely boil water. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, am I not one of your "special people"??!! Must be not cause I didn't get any apple bread or muffins!! Lol!!
-E

Ashley said...

So I just wrote a blog post about Teagan helping us make applesauce with all of our apples! Our apples were so gigantic that I couldn't use the peeler/corer/slicer so Tim did it by hand.

These pictures are priceless. I love them! Those kiddos of yours are getting so big!

KristenC said...

You are Betty Crocker-Charlton! I definitely want to make your apple crisp for Lee when he comes home....makes my mouth water thinking of it!

Justin said...

I love the collaborative effort here, haha.