Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Vacation in Review

It was brought to my attention that I have been lacking in my blogs lately so here is the super sized vacation/holidays/festivities in review if I can remember that far back.


Let's see, where to start...

The Sunday before Christmas we celebrated Christmas with The Charlton Clan and it was the first time since Luke was born that we were all able to be together. It was a great afternoon and evening filled with family, food, gifts and more food.
Monday, Christmas Eve we went to my Dad's for the afternoon. Ryan, Katie and the girls came up from Potsdam and Chad was home from FL for his first time in over a year. It was great to see him and catch up. I am truly proud of him for leaving and making it on his own AND for now planning on going back to school and getting a degree! We hope that he can drive down to visit us while we are in FL in April.
After our afternoon of food and family on Christmas Eve we headed to church and then to Aunt Virginia's for a little more food and family until I literally busted out. One of Tom's nieces, Joanne makes these butter cookies that melt in your mouth and taste like heaven, so I think I had at least 8 if not more and I came home with a major belly ache!

Christmas morning was so much fun. We opened our gifts as a family and then Mom, Tom and Justin came over to do gifts as well. Seth had a blast tearing through all of his toys and just playing like a mad man. He konked right out for a nap at 11:30am, that never happens. After his nap we went to Lowville for Christmas dinner and the last of the gifts.
Needless to say our house now looks like a mini Toys-R-Us so for Seth's birthday in 21 days we don't need any toys. We are thinking of getting him either a tricycle or a table and chairs. Our toy limit has exceeded!

Moving on... Wednesday we had our whole family get together (Mihalyi Family) and we had a family portait taken in Lowville. This is an exciting year for our family. It is my grandparents 60th wedding anniversary, my Gram's 80th birthday, my 30th birthday, my mom's 55th birthday and my brother's 21st birthday. So we got the whole family together, 13 of us, and had a portrait taken. Seth was amazing and we got the BEST smile out of him. We then surprised my Gram with a luncheon that was the most delicious food I have ever eaten.

The party was a huge success and that finally concluded our week of holiday festivities and traveling. We tried to recoop the rest of the week and undecorate the house.



Friday we had our first official playdate with Storm where he was mobile and the boys had the best time together. They played so well and most importantly, they were excellent while Erin and I ate lunch at Panera.

Saturday we had yet another playdate with Morgin and MJ. We took the kids to Velocity and they had so much fun! I was so proud of Seth. He could do mostly everything on his own and he had far less fear then I expected. It was good to get some of that energy out.

Sunday we were invited to Mom and Tom's for dinner which was great and Seth had a blast.

Monday we went to our friends Rod and Jen's new house for a kid friendly New Year's Eve and everyone involved had so much fun. I think the key word in our vacation was FUN!

Now I am back at work and trying to catch up from being a bit lazy before vacation!

1 comment:

AMANDA said...

Sounds like our holiday...crazy but so much fun.
Good luck getting back into the groove of work. And, Happy New Year!