Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Thankful Thoughts

I have to sit back sometimes and remember all of the things that I am thankful for when I get STRESSED! Right now is crunch time in my job. The wonderful (horrible) state of NY likes to test our poor students to death and my particular subject area (English) tests are approaching in January. I used to only have to worry about my 4th grade students taking them and now NYS has decided to test not only 4th, but 3rd and 5th as well. Since I teach reading to grades 3-5 this can get a little stressful! So needless to say I am feeling the weight on my shoulders a bit. We will all get through it and be able to enjoy reading much more after the beginning of 2007!

Anyhow, back to my thankful thoughts...

I am thankful for-
1. My family: Family near and far, family who is always there for us to lend an ear, arm, or a heart. Thank you to our wonderful family, without you life would be pretty dull. Speaking of family, I have been making fun of my mom pretty hard core lately because I say that she is turning into a lush just like my Gram. Both ladies have to have their glass of wine each night after long stressful days, or just any excuse to sit back and sip their favorite wines! My Gram always says, "It's a special ocassion, let's have a glass of wine!"

2. My son: I am thankful that at the young age of 10 months that my son likes to be creative. By this I mean that he is creative enough to take his formula canister, drop it in the toilet, and then splash around in the water having a grand old time! If you could have seen him you would have busted a gut!

3. My husband: I am thankful that my husband puts up with me some days. Some days just tweak me out and become too much and I in turn get too stressed, but my husband calms me down and keeps going. Thank you for being the wonderful and calm man that you are!

4. My dog: I am thankful that my dog lets me dress him up as if he were a doll some days. Over the years he has had bandanas, t-shirts, hats, you name it. He is such a great dog that he just lets me dress him up as I please. Why I do it, I'm not sure, it is always good for a laugh.

5. My friends: I am thankful that my friends don't disown me because ever since Seth's arrival I haven't been the best at returning phone calls or remembering birthdays and anniversary's. Thank you to all of my friends for being there for me even when I haven't been the best friend I could be. I'm working on it!

I know that I have many many many more things to be thankful for, but it is the end of another crazy work day and I have to go. Until next time...

Oh, I almost forgot, Seth got bit by a little girl at the sitters. It was too funny, he better watch out for those broads early!

2 comments:

AMANDA said...

WHAT A GREAT POST. IT IS NICE TO TAKE TIME EVERY SO OFTEN TO TRULY THINK ABOUT ALL YOU HAVE. NOBODY DOES IT OFTEN ENOUGH, IT SEEMS LIKE WE USUALLY FOCUS ON WHAT WE DON'T HAVE.

AMANDA said...

i still haven't received anything. now i'm getting worried that the crackhead lost it or something.